I got this error when trying to use the command “wordmove push – e production -d” to push my database.
ERROR 1273 (HY000) at line 25 in file: ‘dir/to/wp-content/dump.sql’: Unknown collation: ‘utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci’ (Wordmove::ShellCommandError)
To fix this error, make sure that both databases (local and live) have the same collation.
This is how I did it on Digital Ocean using ServerPilot to manage my databases. I logged into my DigitalOcean server with the root user (ssh firstname.lastname@example.org). I opened .my.conf (vi /root/.my.conf) to get the password for the root MySQL user. I used phpMyAdmin to login into root (username: root, password: pw), and I was able to see all of the databases. I created a new database with the collation utf8_general_ci, and I created a new user with super privileges to access that database. I updated the production info in my WordMove file with the new database and user. The new database on DO was empty and did not have any tables. This is important because I noticed that tables and columns can also have a collation which might screw up WordMove as well.
Next, I created a new local database using MAMP’s phpMyAdmin with the collation utf8_general_ci, and I also changed the “server connection collation” in MAMP, as well, whatever that is.
In my local WordPress installation, in the wp-config.php file, I changed the DB_CHARSET variable to utf8. I’m not sure if this did anything.
Actually, the only thing that worked for me was to create the database in ServerPilot, pull it, and then push it.